Decorating & Furniture/Painting 2 rooms with a common wall

Question
I have a new home that has all white walls. I would like to paint the living room and the dining room colonial colors. The problem is that the front wall runs the length of the house (44 feet)from the living room through the foyer and through the dining room. The only breaks are for windows and doors. There isn't a natural break in this wall to end one color and start another.  We have thought of painting this wall a color that would go with both room choices. Perhaps a beige to go with the deep red and colonial blue or green we were thinking of using in the LR and DR. Any ideas?

Answer
Thanks for the question!  I think you're on the right track with choosing a neutral color for the L O N G wall.  I'd suggest that you consider either a khaki color or a taupe.  Either of these will go much better with the deep red and colonial greens/blues that you're considering.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik