Decorating & Furniture/Painting

I am going to be painting my living room.  I have sage green furniture with burgandy blinds. I have hardwood floors with a green tan and burgandy area rug my biggest problem is picking a paint color.  I want something that is going to stand out but also match the other pieces. the room is rather small so I don't want it to look any smaller.  If you could please advise me on what color to choose that would be great

Your best bet is to paint the walls the same (or close to) color as the sage green furniture.  You should invest in some new blinds as well.  Burgandy blinds draw the attention there because that's where the color is.  Go with white or off-white or even wood.  That alone will enlarge your space visually.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology