Decorating & Furniture/Painting Colors

Hello. My name is Stephanie Norrman, I am planning on painting my room.  The carpet is a dark/ not to dark blue, and My walls are now white.  I have black iron, furniture, so the wall paint would need to match blue carpet and black iron canopy bed, please let me know, what color you think I should paint the walls,Thank You stephanie Norrman

Paint your walls a medium to light shade of your favorite color.  Most anything will coordinate with your carpet and bed.  

If you have a problem selecting a color, look for a soft yellow or a warm shade of taupe.  If you prefer cooler shades, consider sage green.  

Tie in all your colors (carpet and wall) in your bedding.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology