Decorating & Furniture/Painting Oak Table, Chairs & China Cabinet

I have a table, six chairs and a china cabinet that I love, but do not like the light oak color.  What would you suggest in as far as decorative painting?

Decorative painting is an art form.  Visit some websites that show faux painting techniques for some inspiration and how-to advice.  Check with and also  You may also want to check sites like Better Homes and Gardens ( or paint sites (,,

You'll have to sand the surface, prime it and then paint or stain.

Good luck!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology