Decorating & Furniture/Painting a Refridgerator

What type of paint should be used to paint a refridgerator. My refridgerator is currently white and I wish to paint it black to match my new stove and dishwasher. I want a shiny black finish.

Dear Charlene,
    You can give your kitchen a facelift with spray paints that are made especially for appliances. First clean the appliance well with soap and water, rinse it and dry it thoroughly. Place drop cloths around the base and tape door handles, seals -- any part you don't want painted. Be sure to have proper ventilation when you use spray paint. I would practice on a piece of cardboard first. You may need to apply two coats for full coverage --check the manufacturer's instructions for coverage and drying-time information.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book