Decorating & Furniture/Painting a Refridgerator

Question
What type of paint should be used to paint a refridgerator. My refridgerator is currently white and I wish to paint it black to match my new stove and dishwasher. I want a shiny black finish.

Answer
Dear Charlene,
    You can give your kitchen a facelift with spray paints that are made especially for appliances. First clean the appliance well with soap and water, rinse it and dry it thoroughly. Place drop cloths around the base and tape door handles, seals -- any part you don't want painted. Be sure to have proper ventilation when you use spray paint. I would practice on a piece of cardboard first. You may need to apply two coats for full coverage --check the manufacturer's instructions for coverage and drying-time information.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID