Decorating & Furniture/Painting furniture

I have decided to paint my medium toned, rubberwood furniture
to give it a new look-I'm going for French Country. Anyway, I
used two coats of Kilz, then 2 coats of semi gloss over it. I have
noticed that it's kind of sticky. Like if I put a glass on it, when I
go to lift it, it sticks a little to the table. Is there something else
to use on top of the paint to get rid of the stickiness? Also, I
would like an antique look, instead of a flat look. Is glaze the

Hello Elizabeth,
I do wish I could answer your question!  I typically have specialists paint and refinish pieces for me.  Perhaps your piece is still tacky because it needs more time to cure.  You may want to seek the painting expert at for this one.

Antiquing kits are available at home centers with instructions and tips.  I believe its one of the simplest methods, but please be careful as you're already dealing with layers of paint and gloss.  

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID  

Decorating & Furniture

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA