Decorating & Furniture/Painting kitchen cabinets

Question
I will be painting 30yr old dark laminate cabinets instead of refacing. Is is possible to paint both sides and still have the cabinet door close without sticking. I don't like the idea of painting only one side but am concerned that they will always stick etc. Will oil base be better to use and what primer do you recommend? I have been using Kilz Premium latex as I paint all of the dark outdated trim in this 30 year old house. Is this product best for the cabinets?

Answer
Ann:

I used stain to paint my cabinets but I sanded first I am not sure if you talking about a color to paint cabinets or stain.

But if you paint lightely sand first then you could use a primer to help coat apply and therefore no sticking and you will be fine.
Jean

Decorating & Furniture

Jean DeJesus