Decorating & Furniture/Painting a kitchen

What color do I paint my kitchen?  It has dark wood cabinets, white and bright navy blue tile back splash, black appliances, and black and white floor.  We were thinking about finding a blue close to the back splash.  Too dark?

Too dark.  And white may be too much of a contrast to all the darkness going on in there.  Consider a pale yellow or a taupe.  My favorites are Chiffon by Glidden (pale yellow) and Toasty Grey by Glidden (taupe).

You can accent with more of the blue, but don't darken the walls.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology