Decorating & Furniture/Painting suggesstions

Good morning,  My daughter is 15 and wants to paint her room purple.  I don't have an objection to the color, only I would like some ideas on how to make it look interesting rather than just plain purple walls.  I saw a show that put various shades of tissue paper on a wall and put some type of finish over it, it looked good.  I am looking for some interesting ideas that are easy to apply. The furniture right now is all white which will also be painted.... Any suggestions would be useful.
Many thanks

Dear Karin Worthmann,
  Please go to my website link below to see image ideas.

If you are interested in a first free consultation than please go to:

Good Luck,
Rachel Mallon
RM Design Co.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book