Decorating & Furniture/Panel walls in the living

I have a 1983 custom built home and the living area is very large, all walls are paneled with wood beams on the ceiling. I can't decide what to do with the walls, I like them but I am a very traditional-modern decorator, Can I put pics on the walls or should I just take down the paneling and start from scratch. HELP!!!  

Hello Teresa,
Im not a great fan of paneled walls so i would take them down.
But if you didnt want to do that you could always paint them so that they are not too over powering.
Of course you can put pictures on the panels as long as they are secure.
But i do love beams on ceilings so dont get rid of those or paint them.
But at the end of the day it is your style that counts and you have to live in the house so it depends on what makes you comfortable and makes it feel like home to you.
I hope ive helped you out, take care and have fun.
Im always here if you need anymore help.

Decorating & Furniture

Interior design is my passion i can help with ideas for themed rooms, colour schemes, cheaper ideas for an expensive look,i am currently designing a seductive pole-dancing room for a friend which is a first for me but its been lots of fun.So whatever your after i can help you

I have done all of my own houses ( 4 in all) and 5 of my friends houses and 4 of my families homes. I have been doing Interior Design for 7 years.

Past/Present clients
Family, Friends and their Friends