Decorating & Furniture/Pink hue kitchen cabinets

We are in the process of buying a home and the current owners put in new kichen cabinets.  They have a pink hue to them.  Since their new, I don't want to replace them.  What color should I paint the kitchen to downplay the pink hue.  Currently, the kitchen is a beige.  Hard to tell where the cabinets end and the wall color begins.

You should consider a warm color hue for the walls.  As you darken them, the cabinets will visually appear less pink (a cool tone) and look more "beige" themselves.  Warm colors are yellows, browns, reds...what immediately comes to mind is a terra cotta.  That will create the right amount of contrast between the two.  

My best,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology