Decorating & Furniture/Plum colored duvet cover, now what?

Question
I fell in love with a plum colored duvet cover and now am at a loss as to what other colors I can put with this.  I would like to create a romantic, calm and serene bedroom.  Our bed frame is oak with wrought iron touches, I can appreciate it's beauty but would not be my first choice.  I'm leaning towards "rich" colors, that's as far as I seem to get.
P.S.  The room is litterally a blank canvas.

Answer
Dear Shanna,
     To create a romantic, calm bedroom with your plum duvet I would add accent pieces with either red-violet or sage green. Please go to link for examples that I have designed for your space.
http://rmdecor.tripod.com/plum.htm

The squiggly lines are supposed to represent your wrought iron on your bed. I hope these designs help in deciding what to do with your space. Good Luck.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
htttp://rmdecor.tripod.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID