Decorating & Furniture/Plum walls

My husband and I are finally moving into a place where I can paint the walls. I have always wanted plum walls with bright accents (I have a very unique style). We have decided on doing these colors in the bathroom. I have a really pretty gold mirror that I think will look good with the plum, and some colorful (mostly warm) paintings I want to hang up. I can't find an example of a plum wall ANYWHERE, so I don't know if it will look tacky, or way too dark, or if it will even be what I'm expecting. If you have any suggestions, or if you just want to tell me flat out if this will be hideous, I would really appreciate it.  

I love plum, and think it's a great color for virtually any room.  Gold looks good with it, as does silver and minty green (or celery).  There are many "shades" of plum, from a dark aubergine, to eggplant to a more violet version.  Enjoy.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology