Decorating & Furniture/Recommend wall paint color

Question
Hi Jenny, I've seen several living rooms of sitcom shows, home improvement center kitchens, and such that all seem to use a popular shade of yellow. Burgundy and yellow seem to be in style.

In the past, I have bought paint, by the quart, from a sample chip only to find out the color was too bright or too dark. I always end up having to mix colors from what I've bought to get it just right and not throw away what I have. I was wondering if you could save me some time and money. Is there a popular paint color, in the yellow tone, that is commonly used in the trendy homes these days? If so, could you give me the brand and color?

I have a burgundy dinning room with white wainscoating that opens to my living room. Both rooms have a pine colored laminate flooring. I know this is a vague question to ask of you, but IF you could suggest a popular color in that range, I would appreciate it. If not, I understand.

Either way, thank you for your time and in reading this email. Have a great weekend!

Jim

Answer
Hi Jim,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  The actual color that's paired so often with both silvery blues and eggplant or even rust is a golden shade of yellow.  It takes it's influence from Tuscany, and is a rich, warm golden yellow.  Here are a couple of colors (Behr Premium Plus Line) for you to compare and see which appeals to you and your particular shade of burgandy:  Warm Muffin 330D-4 and Honey Bear 340D-4.  Both are mid-range shades, so you may prefer something darker or paler.  If so, just move up or down on the color chart.  

Hope this helps you.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik