Decorating & Furniture/Redecorating

My living room is dull! I have dark hardwood floors that we just put in and my walls are creme color. I want to redo my living area to an outdoor theme, such as deer. Could you suggest some colors to paint walls or any decorating tips would be great!
Thanks and God bless!!

Get some color into those walls.  Cream, or beige, or off-white or ecru is still white and that white is creating too much contrast between the dark floor and the light wall.  

If you like the deer theme, think of the colors in nature.  You may consider a beautiful green shade for the walls, or even a burnt orange to nutmeg shade.  With either of these colors you create the "forest" feel where deer would roam.  

Use your creams and beiges for accent colors.   

Regards, Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology