Decorating & Furniture/References on Psychedelic/Hippie Interior Design

Question
Dear Julie,

I'm planning to decorate my new bedroom involving 70s psychedelic art and create some kind of hippie vibe. However I have very limited references, so I hope you could give me recommendations regarding this. Thanks a lot

Answer
Hi Adi,

Thanks for writing and wow (wow became popular in the 60's!) you have chosen a FUN time in decor to duplicate.  

Last year, I threw a 60's themed, psychedelic surprise party for my husband.  I had loads of fun planning it AND, was happily surprised at how much information was out there for the 'taking.'  You may want to Google "60's decor" or "psychedelic decor" etc.  You get my drift.  You will find loads of sites with photos, as well as directions on how to tie-dye fabrics.  You can get cheap muslin bedding (duvet or comforter) and tie dye them, as well as curtains, etc to create a wonderful inexpensive room that fits the period.

There are also places, such as www.orientaltrading.com where you can purchase beaded curtains, flower power stickers, etc EXTREMELY reasonably.  They also have directions to companies to purchase lava lights, posters from the 60's etc that will help your bedroom become a true 60's pit (again, 60's lingo.)

In any event, thank you for writing and best of luck!!

Thank you for writing.

Julie Henry
Julie's Interior Designs
Hackettstown, NJ
908-684-3900
www.juliesinteriordesigns.com

Decorating & Furniture

Julie Henry