You are here:

Decorating & Furniture/Refinish/painting kitchen Table


I would like to give my old worn out wood table and chairs a new look.  It is a stained (maple color) oval set with 6 chairs.  The chairs have an intricate  carved  pattern on the upper back.  The style is rather country but my kitchen tends to be more "Tuscan" with hues of reds, golds, and greens.  Is there a way to change the look with paint and glaze?

Always!  Lightly sand the surface first, clean off any dusty residue with a soft cloth and you'll be ready to create an entirely new look for those pieces.  For some "ideas" on finishes, visit (wall treatments translate to furniture treatments), find a photo/advertisement for a look you like and then replicate it, or visit your local library for books on refinishing.

Good luck with your project.


Decorating & Furniture

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jennifer Taylor Wojcik


Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.


College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology

©2017 All rights reserved.