Decorating & Furniture/Refinishing White French Provincial Furniture

I purchased a bedroom set at a public auction. A few of the pieces has damaged legs. How can I refinish/repair the warn areas keeping the same white finish?   Thansk!

My best suggestion is that you make the repairs and then take a piece of the furniture to a paint store and have them computer match the color.  It may or may not work, but it will give you a better chance than guessing a color on your own.  The only other option is to paint the pieces entirely after the repairs are made.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology