Decorating & Furniture/Renaissance Italy

Question
Hi Jenny--

I would like to decorate my classroom with a Renaissance Italian theme...to kind of go along with many of the Shakespearean activities that take place over the course of a school year.

Currently the walls are a 'spring dill' green with a rich burgandy wine trim on the door frames.  I would like to keep the burgandy wine color as it co-ordinates extremely well with the seats of my students' desks.

But I think I'd like the walls to be a sky(ish) blue with the additions of ornaments that give the feeling of an Italian piazza.

I'm looking for advice on sources and resources on the internet for such things as columns, statues, small fountains, silk greenery, etc...you get the idea?  I'm starting from scratch basically.

Thanks for your input...
Denise

Answer
I'll give you what I'm aware of on the Internet, but I think your best bet is to visit an arts/crafts store for foliage/stencils of foliage, plants, columns, fountains etc.   If you have a Michael's Crafts or a JoAnne's ETC, start there.  

Look in stores such as Kirkland's, AtHome and TJMaxx or Marshall's for some great finds.

Visit sites such as skymall.com (there's one area there that is truly up your alley), domestications.com, homeimprovements.com, ballarddesigns.com.

Happy hunting.  Good luck on your project.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik