Decorating & Furniture/Renaissance Italy

Hi Jenny--

I would like to decorate my classroom with a Renaissance Italian kind of go along with many of the Shakespearean activities that take place over the course of a school year.

Currently the walls are a 'spring dill' green with a rich burgandy wine trim on the door frames.  I would like to keep the burgandy wine color as it co-ordinates extremely well with the seats of my students' desks.

But I think I'd like the walls to be a sky(ish) blue with the additions of ornaments that give the feeling of an Italian piazza.

I'm looking for advice on sources and resources on the internet for such things as columns, statues, small fountains, silk greenery, get the idea?  I'm starting from scratch basically.

Thanks for your input...

I'll give you what I'm aware of on the Internet, but I think your best bet is to visit an arts/crafts store for foliage/stencils of foliage, plants, columns, fountains etc.   If you have a Michael's Crafts or a JoAnne's ETC, start there.  

Look in stores such as Kirkland's, AtHome and TJMaxx or Marshall's for some great finds.

Visit sites such as (there's one area there that is truly up your alley),,,

Happy hunting.  Good luck on your project.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology