Decorating & Furniture/Repainting

Question
Hi my names Diana and Im 14 years old.  Im really into wrestling and rocking music.  Right now my rooms painted a pastel purple from about 4 years ago when i was all girly.  Now im a tomboy.  I dont no what colors I should paint my room to fit my personality, look good, and bring out all the good qualities in my room.  My room is a farily tiny rectangular room (almost square)  Im not sure of the mesurments at the moment but it is defently a small room.  I really enjoy the colors green purple black and blue.  
I would also enjoy some tips on how to clear up some room on my floor its very crammed in my room.  My bed and computer desk take up most of the room and then I have a dresser thats also pretty bulky.  
If you have any tips about any of this, the paint especially i would greatly appriciate it.  Im dying to revamp my room to something funky and hardcore rock-ish haha.  
Thank you
Diana

Answer
Hi Diana,

Thanks for writing and for your questions.  Since you know your favorite colors, select one of them to repaint your room.  Darker colors often make spaces look smaller, so you may want to consider doing one or two walls in a dark shade and the others in a lighter shade of the same color.  I always recommend that people use their favorite colors in their decor, and you're no exception.  I wouldn't paint a wall black, but a dark green or a dark purple would be awesome.

To utilize all the space you have, you need to organize your belongings.  Have a place where everything "lives" and make sure that when you aren't using it, it is in it's "living" place.  That will avoid clutter.  Use containers to "contain" loose stuff, and create a bulletin board for yourself to tack up small stuff that usually either gets lost or ends up on the surfaces of your desk/dresser.  

Lastly, if you like hard core rock and funky things, get some posters for your room, frame them and put them on your wall.  If you surround yourself with the things you love, you'll always love being in your room!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik