Decorating & Furniture/Room Ideas

Question
Hey! I'm a 14 yr old and I need major help with my room. Right now the theme is 'Kisses', I have a border and matching curtains and sheets. My walls don't exactly match the theme, they are a very light purple. I have grown up a lot since the 'Kiss' days. I love dark, luxerious colours. My parents say that if I paint my room dark, I will get sick of it. I dont no about that. My room is farely large. I think its about a medium size. I have 1 dresser, 2 desks, 1 full size bed, and a chest. I do have a small closet in my room, but it is farely ever used. My dresser is not used for clothes but to merely hold all my other stuff. I need a new style, but I have no clue. Could you give me some Ideas? I was thinking a dark coffee colour. I have dark hardwood floors also. I need some major ideas on how to fix up my room. Thanks for your time.

Answer
Thanks for your questions.  Before I can recommend anything in particular, you have to decide what you truly love.  If you love dancing, or music, or sports, or brown, whatever.  It doesn't matter what you love, as long as you surround yourself with it.  As long as you "decorate" in items, colors, styles and even themes that really move you, you will be happy.  You're obviously "into" something.  Decide what that is and then use that as the inspiration you're looking for.

Jenny

PS:  Paint is the easiest, cheapest way to start the process.  Perhaps you should start there, realizing that it's a big job, BUT one that you COULD do yourself.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik