Decorating & Furniture/Room Ideas

Hey! I'm a 14 yr old and I need major help with my room. Right now the theme is 'Kisses', I have a border and matching curtains and sheets. My walls don't exactly match the theme, they are a very light purple. I have grown up a lot since the 'Kiss' days. I love dark, luxerious colours. My parents say that if I paint my room dark, I will get sick of it. I dont no about that. My room is farely large. I think its about a medium size. I have 1 dresser, 2 desks, 1 full size bed, and a chest. I do have a small closet in my room, but it is farely ever used. My dresser is not used for clothes but to merely hold all my other stuff. I need a new style, but I have no clue. Could you give me some Ideas? I was thinking a dark coffee colour. I have dark hardwood floors also. I need some major ideas on how to fix up my room. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your questions.  Before I can recommend anything in particular, you have to decide what you truly love.  If you love dancing, or music, or sports, or brown, whatever.  It doesn't matter what you love, as long as you surround yourself with it.  As long as you "decorate" in items, colors, styles and even themes that really move you, you will be happy.  You're obviously "into" something.  Decide what that is and then use that as the inspiration you're looking for.

PS:  Paint is the easiest, cheapest way to start the process.  Perhaps you should start there, realizing that it's a big job, BUT one that you COULD do yourself.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology