Decorating & Furniture/Room decor

I'm having the hardest time with room decor.  I've finally decided to decorate my master bedroom.  I bought bedding from JC Penneys and my paint from Home Depot.  I even bought a new bedroom suit.  But I don't have anything on my walls.  I have a tray ceiling and I've thought about putting something there besides paint.  My dad also suggested I paint my crown molding and ceiling.  Tell me what you think?  I'm lost!!!

I think I have to agree with your Dad on this one.  Paint the crown molding and ceiling.  Then after everything else is in the room survey your walls and consider what art might be just the perfect finishing touch.  It could be that you'll want to add a tree (fake or real) to the room to bring some outside in, and you'll probably want to use at least one piece of artwork.  Find something that you really love and frame it!  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology