Decorating & Furniture/Rugs

I am considering purchasing a 36"x 54" dining room table that opens to 54"x54' square. What shape rug should I purchase to go underneath?
Thank You

Whatever shape you prefer, just as long as the rug is large enough for all the chairs to fit on.  That means a minimum of 60" and bigger if you can afford it.  If the room is square, opt for oval or round just to add some interest and texture.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology