Decorating & Furniture/Scarf Holders

Hi Jenny! You've helped us in the past with advice on our front LR. We finally decorated/painted. Walls are sage green with ivory moldings, french country furniture, piano, etc. I bought the Bali "crinkled look" sheer ivory window scarf treatments to hang around the 2 windows...and 2 scarf holders in an antique bronze-type finish. Here's my question...I've never done scarves as window treatments. My plan is to just drape them simply around the window, perhaps put a loose knot around the holders/brackets. Do I hang the brackets above and outside the mouldings? In other words, should the scarves cover the moldings when they hang, or be OUTSIDE the mouldings? Any advice? Thanks! Linda

I usually hang the scarf holders outside the molding 2 inches and "up" from the molding 2 inches.  It allows you to increase the visual size of the window, and gives you room to "frame" the architecture with the fabric.

Good going!  Nice to hear about your beautiful color!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology