Decorating & Furniture/Small Window!

Question
My bedroom is in the basement and I have a very small window that is mind-boggling to decorate...I'd say its about 2.5 feet wide and 1.5 feet tall. Its about 3 inches from the ceiling. Please help!

Answer
Hi Sarah,

That's tiny.  If you want to draw attention to it, decorate it.  You can make it "appear" longer by hanging either vertical or horizontal blinds over it, leaving them open enough to see light.  You can make it appear wider by hanging floor to ceiling drapery panels on either side(just barely covering each side)and hanging the rod as close to the ceiling as possible.

The other thing you could do is use the new "clings" that are available from Artscape.  You'll find these at your local Home Depot in the blinds section.  These are easy to apply, easy to remove and easy to trim to fit any window size.  They come in a variety of colors and/or styles.

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik