Decorating & Furniture/Sofa color - for red carpet and beige walls

Question
The wall color of my family room is a kind of light beige. We already have a red carpet for this room (other colors in carpet include some dark blue in the border and a little maroon, white, etc. in the design..). We don't have plans to change the wall color or the carpet. We want to buy a sofa and loveseat for this room. My husband wants to buy leather recliners - both for the sofa and loveseat. I get to choose a color. I want to choose Burgundy for the sofa because the wall color is light. Should I try a light color sofa - I may not get the exact shade as the wall, in leather. ( Actually, we have already ordered the Burgundy sofa & loveseat - shall I cancel that..). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  Since you've already made up your mind against changing the carpet color OR the wall color, I would not try to get you to change your mind about the burgandy sofa and loveseat.  The problem you'll be facing is that all the color in the space will be on the floor, leaving those off-white, beige walls in direct contrast and fighting for attention.  By the same token, you'll never match furniture color to your wall color, and even if you did, you'll still have the same situation - with all the color in the room on the floor.  Choose what you believe you'll like best.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik