Decorating & Furniture/Sofa color to go with walls/carpet

Question
I'm looking to buy a new microfiber sectional, but am not sure what color to choose--dark or light colored. The small living room (condo) has light beige carpet and the walls have a pinkish cast. If the sofa is light colored, I don't want it to look awkward with the carpet and wall color.

I have a dark brown leather accent chair that is opposite the sofa location and dark brown paint on a fireplace accetn wall (to tone down the pinkish walls). I have a maple coffee table, but can replace that. My existing sofa is a pale khaki/green, but I think that makes the walls look pinker.  

Answer
Since you have a dark brown chair in the space, I would tend to recommend that your sofa be on the darker side as well.  It doesn't have to be chocolate brown - just a coordinating shade in a medium to dark intensity.  Then mix in your coordinating colors (greens, khakis, reds etc.) to the mix.  

And to tone down on the pink, add a couple of red throw pillows into the mix!  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik