Decorating & Furniture/Stripe effects

Are there any tricks or methods to getting a totally clean line with blue tape?  I want to do stripes in a spare bedroom and even though I've used name brand blue tape, last time I painted it bled under the tape.  My walls have some slight bumps on them but I wouldn't call them "textured".  Thanks in advance for your advice!

Stripes can be tough trying to get the clean line.  If your walls have any imperfections you can try running a putty knife along the edge of the tape to adhere as tight as possible.  Also pull your paint brush vertically instead of back and forth.  When removing the tape use a fine artist brush to touch up the irregularities.  Happy Decorating, JoAnne Lenart-Weary "The Queen of Decorating"

Decorating & Furniture

JoAnne Lenart-Weary

I can answer anything that is decorating related. Wall and window treatments, color, furniture, placement, where to begin with a decorating plan, etc.

Almost 30 years as an interior decorator and 4 years of teaching professional workshops to other interior decorators/designers and interior redesigners. Board member for IRIS www.weredesign, founder of ODDAA (One Day Decorating Alumni Association) Weekly guest for ABC affiliate in Erie, Pa. Have also been on HGTV

Baby Talk Magazine
Many newspapers