Decorating & Furniture/Sunroom decorating

Question
Hello Jenny!  I have a 10*12 sunroom off of my kitchen.  My kitchen is decorated with plaid wallpaper (brick red and linen colors) and a rooster and chicken border (french country).  I have black accents.  My sunroom has three walls of windows and French doors that open into the kitchen.  The walls (what little there are) are white and the tile is done in natural brown shades.  The grout is nutmeg.  I am having troubing bringing together the sunroom and the kitchen.  I wish to get new furniture in the spring and hoped that you might give me some ideas.

Thank you for your time,
Amy

Answer
Amy,

Thanks for writing.  The problem you appear to be having between sunroom and kitchen is that the sunroom has a lot of contrast between the white walls and everything else.  Whatever space is painted white should be enlivened with rich, beautiful color.  Select any of the colors from the adjoining kitchen, and bring the two spaces together with that wonderful color.  If you are purchasing new furniture, select a style that will reflect the "mood" that you have going in the kitchen; perhaps even a rattan/wicker with black cushioned settee and chair plus ottoman.  Add a room sized rug in a jute or sisal, edged in black.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik