Decorating & Furniture/Sunroom decorating

Hello Jenny!  I have a 10*12 sunroom off of my kitchen.  My kitchen is decorated with plaid wallpaper (brick red and linen colors) and a rooster and chicken border (french country).  I have black accents.  My sunroom has three walls of windows and French doors that open into the kitchen.  The walls (what little there are) are white and the tile is done in natural brown shades.  The grout is nutmeg.  I am having troubing bringing together the sunroom and the kitchen.  I wish to get new furniture in the spring and hoped that you might give me some ideas.

Thank you for your time,

Thanks for writing.  The problem you appear to be having between sunroom and kitchen is that the sunroom has a lot of contrast between the white walls and everything else.  Whatever space is painted white should be enlivened with rich, beautiful color.  Select any of the colors from the adjoining kitchen, and bring the two spaces together with that wonderful color.  If you are purchasing new furniture, select a style that will reflect the "mood" that you have going in the kitchen; perhaps even a rattan/wicker with black cushioned settee and chair plus ottoman.  Add a room sized rug in a jute or sisal, edged in black.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology