Decorating & Furniture/Tall Great Room decorating accent

the back wall of our great room is 23 ft high x 17 ft wide. 2 ft down and 2 ft from the adject walls are two rectangle windows. The bottom of this wall has a 12ft wide and 7ft high Oak entertainment center that houses a 52 in wide screen in the center. I would like to put some sort of artwork above the entertainment center and between the two rectangle windows.

the left wall has an out croping of an upstairs closet over the stairwell. The right side has a tripple window even with the back wall on the top and a tripple window on the bottom.

If you send me your email address I could send you a photo if that would help..

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the question.  Purchase something "in scale" with the entertainment center that will sit underneath.  It can be a painting, a print, a wall sculpture, a quilt, a wall-hanging on rods - anything that's large in scale.

Don't be too concerned about the position of the windows.  They're probably high enough off the floor to visually appear "alone".

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology