Decorating & Furniture/Teal and white room

Question
My sister is starting to redecorate her living and dining rooms. She has just installed new windows and beautiful white french doors. She painted two walls dark teal and 1 wall a much lighter teal.....she wants to go with a contemporary / California casual look. Where do we start?

M~

Answer
The key to decorating in my opinion is contrast. I would suggest neutral upholstered sofas placed near the dark teal walls and maybe add darker wood furniture where the light teal walls are. I don't have enough information to give you any other advice. You can send pictures to rachelmallon@gmail.com or check out Room in a Book for a complete design of her space. http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID