Decorating & Furniture/Teal and white room

My sister is starting to redecorate her living and dining rooms. She has just installed new windows and beautiful white french doors. She painted two walls dark teal and 1 wall a much lighter teal.....she wants to go with a contemporary / California casual look. Where do we start?

The key to decorating in my opinion is contrast. I would suggest neutral upholstered sofas placed near the dark teal walls and maybe add darker wood furniture where the light teal walls are. I don't have enough information to give you any other advice. You can send pictures to or check out Room in a Book for a complete design of her space.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book