Decorating & Furniture/Teenaged Girl's room

Hello. I have a bedroom for a teenaged girl with medium gray walls and a pewter gray queen sized bed. It's roughly 11 ft. by 9ft. I don't want to change the colour of the walls seeing as it was just painted and goes with the decor around the house. Right now it seems dull and lifeless; very monotone. How can I make this room more funky, colourful, teen friendly and bring in a very feminine vibe? What colours should I bring in to this room? Thanks!  

Thanks for writing and for your question.  Considering that grey is a wonderful neutral color, most any bright or vivid color will work well.  Considering the teenaged love of brights like purple, pink and red, not to mention the neon shades, start there.  

To soften things and make it a bit more feminine, try adding some "color" by way of draperies over top some room-darkening blinds/shades.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology