Decorating & Furniture/Teenaged Girl's room

Question
Hello. I have a bedroom for a teenaged girl with medium gray walls and a pewter gray queen sized bed. It's roughly 11 ft. by 9ft. I don't want to change the colour of the walls seeing as it was just painted and goes with the decor around the house. Right now it seems dull and lifeless; very monotone. How can I make this room more funky, colourful, teen friendly and bring in a very feminine vibe? What colours should I bring in to this room? Thanks!  

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  Considering that grey is a wonderful neutral color, most any bright or vivid color will work well.  Considering the teenaged love of brights like purple, pink and red, not to mention the neon shades, start there.  

To soften things and make it a bit more feminine, try adding some "color" by way of draperies over top some room-darkening blinds/shades.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik