Decorating & Furniture/Toning down red walls

Question
Hello, I have painted a home office brick red and it is too red for me.  Can you suggest any colors for wall hangings, etc., that will tone down the red?
Thank You,
Lisa

Answer
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for writing.

My guess is that you painted red on a white wall. If so, you should have put a dark grey primer on before hand and then painted the red to tone down the brightness of the red and bring out the true color. If you are not willing to repaint, I suggest the best way to cover and tone down the walls would be by adding pictures. Try large simple pictures with subdude colors. Nothing loud and colorful! You may also be able to tone things down by adding window treatments in softer colors as well as an area rug in the space.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell