Decorating & Furniture/Velcro for dust ruffle?

I want to make a dust ruffle for my new twin bed.  However, the mattress and box spring refuse to stay aligned.  Mattress slips constantly.  Because of this, I fear making a dust ruffle that's attached to fabric that fits between the mattress and box spring.  I've thought of using sticky-backed Velcro and attaching it to the box spring.  I don't sew very well and am not familiar with Velcro.  Will this work?  Will the Velcro stick to the shiny box spring?  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!

Thanks for the question.  Save yourself some time and aggravation by purchasing an inexpensive - any color will do - fitted sheet or mattress pad.  Put that on your box springs, just as you would on the mattress.

Mattress pads are a very economical way of lengthening the life of your mattresses and box springs.  You should always use them and the fitted ones are by far the best option.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology