Decorating & Furniture/WALL DECORATION

I have a 17 x 17 living room with one 9 foot wall and one 18 foot (vaulted ceiling) wall.  Other is entry and kitchen- not factors.  I don't know how to decorate with pictures. I have beigh berber carpet, white walls, dark brown large couch and lotsa plants.  Two pictures on the short wall; but then how to arrange the tall wall??  When you walk in the entry, you stare straight into the tall wall.  Other than lots of little pictures highlighting the height, I don't know what to do.  Help!  Thanks.  Linda

I would suggest adding shelves or hang a large piece of decorative tapestry or rug. Here are some images of tall wall decor that I have posted to hopefully give you some inspiration and ideas.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book