Decorating & Furniture/Wall Color

We are in the process of painting our living room, dining room, and kitchen which is an open floor plan. The house is two years old and the walls are currently ivory with white trim/crown molding. The carpet is predominantly ivory with tiny flecks of color.
Our furniture style would probably be considered ecclectic since we have a varied combination. The sofa and love seat are an olive green corduroy with loose pillows that have threads of gold, dark orange, and black. We also have a solid  suede recliner in olive. In addition, we have a mission style chair and ottomon in dark brown leather. Our entertainment center and coffee tables are in the same wood color family, but not an exact match.  
The furniture in the dining room, which is open to the living area, has mission style furniture and a matching side table The furniture in the kitchen eating area is wrought iron with patterned cushions.
My thought is to add color to the walls that will bring out the color in the sofa pillows. We are looking at painting the living room a muted salmon  which matches one of the colors in our pillows. In addition, we want to purchase an area rug that has an ivory background with olive green, salmon, and black which will hopefully pull the furniture and walls together. We also want to add some artwork with complementary colors.  
We want to do two accent walls in the dining area in a paprika color (dark orangy red) which seems to compliment the salmon according to swatches. The paprika will go well with the furniture. We also want to paint the kitchen in paprika which will hopefully tie both eating areas together. All of the ceilings will be painted a couple shades lighter than the salmon.
Our rooms have lots of windows that allow lots of natural sunlight.

My question is is olive green,salmon, and paprika a good color combination?   

My basic answer would have to be yes, conditional on the color hues coordinating with one another.  If you're comparing the same company/brand of sample strips, then you're probably fine.  

You may want to consider cross-pollinating the colors by doing a ceiling in one room the color of the wall in the adjacent room etc.

Be careful with pattern.  Everything you have sounds pretty busy, so tone the pattern down with some solids in accessories and draperies/window treatments.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology