Decorating & Furniture/Wall Colour and Furniture placement

Question
Dear Jenny,
We recently bought a 30 year old mobile home and I could use your help. Entering the front, thru the 20.5' x 12.5' Sun Room, we turn right thru a 8.5, arch to the 11.5 ' x 18.5' Living Room . With this arch and two windows on the left side of the LR., plus the Dining Room that shares a wall with the Sun Room---- furniture placement is a challenge. So far we have two beige glider chairs & ottomans for the LR and have to buy a couch and tables, etc.  The Sun Room is an Ivory colour and furnished, so I just need help with the LR. The walls have not been painted except for a coat of Kilz. What colour would you suggest for the LR walls, so I can have some leeway in furniture choices? I love green but am open to any suggestions.
Thanks so much,
Arlo

Answer
If you love green, use it!  Select a shade of celery or moss green which will give your walls a real "lift".  Keep your trim colors the same throughout the mobile home for consistency.  

Play with grouping your furniture, remembering that everything does not have to be up against a wall, and that partially blocking windows is acceptable.  If you only have two gliders and ottomans, consider purchasing either two more chairs OR a love seat size sofa.  If you purchase tables, use glass rather than heavy wood.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik