Decorating & Furniture/Wall color

Question
I need ideas about grounding a small living room which is square (10x10)shaped with good lighting. I have beige carpet, dark purple (blackberry) couch and chair, oak and cedar cabinets, end tables are 2 different shades of green and an old oak trunk for a coffee table. The walls are a soft yellow but they are 10 ft tall and the windows are almost floor to ceiling. I have art and pictures on the walls which look good but the room does not look finished. Is it the wall color or do I need a rug to ground it all?

Answer
I don't think you need a rug to ground it all because you already have carpet. Maybe add some throw pillows or do an accent wall. You can send images to rachelmallon@gmail.com and I might be able to give you some more ideas.

Rachel Mallon
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID