Decorating & Furniture/Wall color for Sage Green Furniture

I have recently purchased a new sofa and chair for my living room, and I am a bit stumped as to what color I should paint the walls.  The throw pillows I have chosen have tones of taupe, blue and darker brown, which looks reddish is some light.  I live in an apartment, so I don't want colors where I'm going to feel closed in, but I do want something other than the stark white palette I currently have. The carpet is brown, however, I want to add a nice floor rug to make it feel more "homey" and lighter.  Also, the living room and the dining room share a space, so I will want to carry that color into the dining room as well.  Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated!  

You have three great choices!  Selecting the same (or close to the same) sage green for the walls is one option.  Another is the blue that is in your throw pillows or if it's dark, opt for an icy blue.  Last choice - taupe.  

All three of these color go great with browns, particularly chocolate brown.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology