Decorating & Furniture/Wall color for family/pool table room

I have a fairly large "game" room with dark pine wood ceilings
and beams, tan carpet and a full size pool table with maroon/
wine colored felt. The furniture is wood with a brown leather
couch. The room has light on only one wall (large picture
window, but north facing so the room is fairly dark. I want to
paint the white walls to add color and to brighten the room, but
I am completely stuck on which color to choose. My son, who
uses the room most, likes the blue-greens, but will those clash
and/or be too dark? Should I use 2 shades with an accent wall?
Thanks so much!

Dear Emily,
  Please go to this link to see your game room paint color.

Since your son will be using the room I would choose this neutral medium toned blue color. I tried lighter blues but it didnt give the effect as much as this blue. It might seem a little dark but if you add the proper lighting it can brighten it up more. I think generally game rooms can get away with being darker and are more pleasing to the eye. I would try this color on one wall and see how it works. If you feel it might be to dark than paint the other walls a light tan color.  Hope this information helps and gives you some inspiration. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RM Decor

P.S. If you would like a second consultation please go to link below.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book