Decorating & Furniture/Wall color for foyer and stairwell

Question
I'm wanting to repaint my 2 story foyer which is currently a camel toned neutral color.  Directly in front of my foyer when you walk in the door is my dining room which is a rusty red color.  I have sage colored green accents in there with some golds also.  To the left of the foyer (around the corner) is the kitchen which is painted a medium toned olive sagey green.  I like this color and want to keep it.  I'm wondering about painting my foyer the same shade of green?  Would this be too much green?  Also, to the right of the foyer (when you step in a little ways) you see the living room which is also open to the dining room.  The dining room has 2 archways with pilliars on either side...one arch faces the living room and the other faces the foyer.  The living room wall color is currently the same camel neutral tone that the foyer is. My stairwell is also painted in this same neutral color.  The stairs are located right around the corner to the right of the foyer.  One flight goes to the basement...the other upstairs.  Currently, these wall are all the camel color.  I'm thinking of painting them also, but don't know what color.  I think I would like them to be green also, but I don't know.  Should I keep them the same camel color that they are?  Also,  should I paint the back stairwell wall in a different color or shade then the rest of the stair walls or keep them the same.  I have an upper 2 story stairwell wall going upstairs and a lower one going downstairs.  All the rooms in my home are in the earthy tones (reds, golds, greens, browns).  I would like to stay within the earthtone shades if possible.  Hope you can help.  Thanks in advance!  

Answer
First of all, you are in the right frame of mind about coordinating your colors, and I applaud you.  Because you are repeating colors over and over, your home will look smart and sophisticated.  

Having said that, I'd say that painting your entry in the sagey green is fine, and no it won't be too much green.  I'd leave the stairwell in the neutral, but would consider making the back wall a sagey green which will pull the eye from the downstairs to the upstairs.  

Thanks for writing.  Best of luck with your painting projects.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik