Decorating & Furniture/Wall color with laminate floor and cherry furniture

Question
Hello,
I've recently starting converting a bedroom into and office and am putting down light oak laminate floors with a cherry desk and credenza.  What color should I paint my walls.  I was looking at the Sherwin Williams Nomadic Desert or Blond but am concerned of too much brown.  I could paint all the trims a bright white and maybe include a ceiling border.  Any direction you can provide is appreciated.

Answer
Hello,
Here's my suggestion on the wall paint color...go for a color that increases relaxation and productivity.

Take a look at color samples in the "sage" green family.  These are mid-tone colors, not too light nor too dark.  You can easily select the perfect color that will be suitable for your taste.  Purchase a small sample of at least three colors and paint swatches on a wall.  Each swatch far apart from each other is ideal. Live with them for a week or so and then decide which is best.

Sage green works wonderfully against cherry and will contrast nicely with the light floor and white trim.  Its an elegant look that's easy and comfortable, yet is quite upscale in the total look.  Also, green is calming and perfect for an office environment.  Try it!  

Good luck to you!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Decorating & Furniture