Decorating & Furniture/Wall color

I have a woodlands decor.  The carpet is burgundy and the furniture is like a country blue.  What colors would look best on the walls and draperies.  

Thanks for writing and for your question.  You're currently working with a shade of red and a shade of blue, which when paired can be either country or ecclectic.  If you want your decor to go in the "woodlands" direction, I'd try incorporating some of nature's colors - greens, yellows and even into the autumnal colors like "some" shades of orange/terra cotta and browns.  

For your walls, stay neutral - not white or off-white - but in either a taupe or a grey.  Either will work with the carpeting and the furniture.  To coordinate your color scheme, combine the wall color, the furniture color and the carpet color and select a drapery that incorporates all three.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology