Decorating & Furniture/Wallpaper help

I have a black and white checkered floor in my kitchen (12 x 12 tiles), along with white cabinets and stainless steel and black appliances (refrigerator, oven, dishwasher).

My questions is, what is the best wallpaper (color and design) that would match with a checkered floor?

Hi Kelly,

The best "colors" to combine with black and white checkerboard are:  red, lemon yellow, lime green, dark teal or royal blue.  

If you aren't "set" on wallpaper, consider painting.  It's easier, cheaper, will last as long if not longer and is more easily changed if you grow tired of it.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology