Decorating & Furniture/White couches

My boyfriend and I are moving into an apartment on a budget. My grandparents were giving away there couches for free so we took them.  They are leather but they are white. Pure white. They have some cat scratches.  Is it possible to put couch covers over leather? Is white as bad as I think it is? Thanks

Sometimes hand me downs are less than perfect, but imagine the money you've saved?  

You can cover leather sofas just like any other.  Check out  Sure Fit is also carried by Bed, Bath & Beyond, but not all styles/colors are available through them.

The fact that they're white doesn't bother me.  It will match anything, can be dressed up in your favorite colors with throws and pillows and let me quickly add -- they were free.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology