Decorating & Furniture/Whitewash Furniture

Question
Hello, my bedroom furniture has a whitewash finish (like the light pink wood finish and not pure white)...can you give me some ideas on what colors would be best for the walls? I'm having trouble becuase I love the rich red tones mixed with neutral tones, but I'm not sure if this would go with the bedroom furniture, and if it did, what color bedspread/draperies would work with that?  Just trying to coordinate it without having a mix of too many colors that's going to be an eye soar.

Please help...thanks = )

Mariam

Answer
Because your wood tone is light, go darker for the wall color.  Red tones sound great!  Coordinate your bedding and draperies in a stripe or a floral to pull all the colors together.

I have white-washed furniture in my bedroom against a navy wall and use white down with splashes of color added by using pillows.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik