Decorating & Furniture/Window Treatments

Question
Jenny,

My bedroom is pretty large and off my bedroom is a small hallway where I have 2 closets on either side and a small vanity area that leads to a Jack and Jill bathroom.  I'd like to put a tension rod and some curtain panels up to the entrance of this "hallway" leading from my bedroom to this little area.  Floor to ceiling measures 118".  I think the curtains need to go from floor to ceiling but I'm having a very hard time finding panels this length (or a little longer so they puddle and I will be tying them back). Any suggestions?  I can't sew and I don't have an Ikea in my state.

Thanks!

Kristin

Answer
Here's a quick, no-sew solution for you Kristin!  Purchase ready-made panels in the longest length available, (probably 102") purchase fabric to add to the bottom, and use fusable hem tape (available at any fabric store) to attach the fabric to the bottom of the panels.  You simply iron the pieces together and the fusable hem tape holds it securely.  

You could also purchase fabric, fuse each end (for hem and top) and hang from clips that slide onto the rod.  

If you don't want to do that, ask if there's someone at your local fabric store that will do some straight line sewing for you.  You may be surprised....all those cutting ladies are good at sewing and enjoy it.  

Otherwise, you'll have to go the most expensive route - special ordering the drapery to your size specs.  JC Penney is the most economical place to do this, and they typically run sales on special orders.  

Good luck.  Great idea.  Pick a plan and go for it.  

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik