Decorating & Furniture/Window treatment Question

Question
Help!  I need some advice!
We have lived in this house for over 3 years and we have yet to cover our front room windows.  We have young children and decided to use the "formal" living room as a play room until now.  The celings in this room are slanted and go from 12 to 18 feet.  On the 12 foot side we have a large window.  The room is basically empty (due to lack of funds to purchase furniture).   The window is 106 inches wide and 70 inches tall.  Above the window is a frame and a wooden shelf like thing and on top of that is another 2- 3 foot window that is also 106 inches wide as well. Can you see this?     A small long window on top of the large window?    The windows have "panes" in them and they are white.  I was thinking about putting 3 white wood blinds in the large window. and leaving the top part alone.   My husband says windows that large need to have drapes.  Im not sure what to do.   Any Ideas...we really dont have much money but the theme of the room doesnt matter at this point as we dont have any furniture.   What do you think?  

Answer
I'm with you on the wood blinds.  If you can afford plantation shutter blinds, go with them in white.  Then, as you finish the room's furnishings, add a drape to either side (floor to ceiling) of the window to "finish" it.  Without furnishings in the room, the blinds will be enough.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik