Decorating & Furniture/Window treatments

I have a new home with a great room with dark chocolate hand hewn wood floors.  I have a rich blond yellow color on the walls.  I have large windows and french doors and would like to install bamboo shades to control the light and add privacy at night.  My dilemma - do I choose a light colored bamboo shade to blend with the walls (all the woodwork is white) OR do I pick a deeper shade of brown to bring the color of the floors up the walls?  I'm really struggling with this.  Thanks for you help.  

Hello Patti ,

Bamboo shades are available with light colours with hints of browns , dark browns and tans . Maybe a little green mixed in would catch attention for the good . All white may bring too many bright colours into the room . With the dark chocolate flooring , bamboo colours of the four mentioned would fit just right . Maybe select those colours with the white being the back ground colour .
   To block light from coming through the bamboo sticks , have the shades linned . Linning the shades will help protect the bamboo .

Decorating & Furniture

Window treatment installation and measuring , fitting and ideas .

Established Installation business 1990

On the job trained . Seminar instructions .