Decorating & Furniture/Window treatments

Hello, we have a family area that used to be the back porch. We closed it in. The room size is 14x24. The front and 2 sides are windows. 8 windows total, each window is a slider, size 50x50. What kind of window treatment do I do? I  don't have any particular design going on in that room yet. The one full wall is painted a med. blue and around the windows are blue. The bottom around the windows and frames are a lite wheat color. What throws me off is all those windows.  Thanks for your help  Lois

If you need privacy, use either blinds (verticals open easiest over doorways) or shades.  Treat the front (all of it) as one window for draperies and treat each side as one window.  "Framing" them in this manner will make the room appear to be three "big" windows, rather than 8.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology